Welcome to Barrett
At Barrett we help people and businesses sell better.
By working with Barrett you will be able to…
– Sell better, at healthier margins with less risk of failure
– Make more informed decisions about how to lead and manage your sales team and operations
What does Selling Better look like for you and your business?
- More knowledgeable, skilful and informed Sales Leaders who work in partnership with the C-Suite and lead their sales teams with clarity and purpose.
- Sales strategies that clearly guide the sales operations and sales teams to deliver the better results for their businesses.
- More mindful, self-aware salespeople engaging in more fruitful client interactions with better business outcomes for both buyer and seller.
- More engaged and competent salespeople leading to better retention rates and lower staff turnover.
- Sustainable change in ‘How we sell around here’ leading to continuous improvement and better sales results.
Let us help you take the complexity out of Selling Better.
Our services are available in person and online so you can speak to us about:
- Developing effective Sales Strategies and Go-to-market Action Plans
- Market Segmentation Analysis and Plan
- Sales Operations Audit and Action Plan
- Sales Benchmarking and Sales Assessment for recruitment and development purposes
- Customised Sales Training for the Classroom and Field (field sales, telephone sales, customer service, sales planning, prospecting, solutions selling, value based selling, strategic account and key account management, etc.)
- Online Sales Training (sales skills, sales planning, prospecting, solutions selling, value based selling, etc.)
- Sales Management Training (sales coaching, account mapping, sales financials, sales recruitment, performance management, sales strategy, sales leadership, etc.)
- Sales Coaching (group and one-on-one)
- Sales Consulting and Advisory Services
- Innovative Key note presentations for conferences and events
Please contact us here.
Some of our best achievements
In operation since January 1995, we have received commendations and achieved milestones in several areas including:
- First in Australia to get Selling a university qualification (Swinburne University of Technology)
- Publishing more than 600 blog posts and 21 e-books on sales and producing the ‘must read’ Annual 12 Sales Trends Report
- Regarded by many mainstream business publishers/editors as one of the most authoritative thought leaders reporting on the selling profession in Australia today
- Produced the first Sales Competency Dictionary in the world and featuring the wide variety of sales and sales management roles
- Developed the online sales education and resource platform www.salesessentials.com
- Winner of 1997 Telstra & Victorian Government Small Business Award
Helping people and businesses sell better.
We live by the philosophy ‘Everybody lives by selling something’ which is about the fair exchange of value.
To create a seismic shift in the way people sell, communicate, lead and do business with each other. We aim to give everybody access to life skills, tools, knowledge, and personal insights so that we are all able to clearly communicate and proactively sell ourselves effectively, ethically and confidently in any situation – offering and exchanging our talents with the world.
How We Do It
We instill the belief that in a 21st Century world selling is everybody’s business and everybody lives by selling something. We challenge thinking and create compelling reasons and continuous learning pathways for people and organisations to develop their skills, knowledge and mindsets to create the shifts they want and ensure they are well informed and equipped for the journey ahead
To positively transform the culture, capability and continuous learning of leaders and teams in 50,000 businesses by 2020 by developing sales driven organisations that are equipped for the 21st Century.
What we do
Barrett produces and provides people with access to 21st Century Sales Knowledge, Resources, Education, Tools, Expertise, Philosophies & Wisdom. We consult, assess, train and coach across the complete lifecycle of an employee in sales, sales leadership and internal stakeholder roles where genuine communication and exchange of real value are critical to business success.
The Barrett Fact Sheet
Since 1995 we
- Were the first orgnasiation in Australia to put the profession of Selling on the University Agenda with the Barrett Sales Essentials Program now accredited as a Diploma of Business and Certificate IV in Business Sales at Swinburne University of Technology
- Built the first Australian Sales Competency Dictionary based on Australian and international research
- Psychometrically assessed over 70,000 people in sales, business development and leadership
- Mapped over a hundred different types of sales roles, including sales leadership, across a number of industries
- Interviewed more than 9,000 leaders in business about sales performance, culture and sales leadership
- Trained and coached over 15,000 sales people and sales managers in sales behaviours, selling skills, sales psychology and sales processes in Australia, New Zealand and Asia-Pacific.
- Are a key sponsor of the Victorian Institute of Sport ACE (athlete career and education) Program since 1995.
- Produce and publishes the annual Barrett 12 Sales Trends Report
- Publish a range of e-books on Selling in the 21st Century
- Our approach is grounded in the powerful coupling of knowledge and insight.
- Providing access to both knowledge and insight allows for the cultivation of wisdom.
- Results through working with the whole person, aligning intentions and actions to purposeful strategy.
- Our work is guided by the Barrett sales philosophy ‘Everybody lives by selling something’.
Our value to clients
Our clients value the holistic approach we take in working aside them to create purposeful action sustainable and cultures. They achieve results on individual and organisation levels.
- An effective and aligned culture staffed by purposeful, skilled, effective individuals, teams and leaders
- Better quality revenue growth and retention with existing clients
- Increased ‘new to business’ clients
- Happier, more satisfied clients
- Resourced to think about their role and business and make decisions and take action based on evidence
- Resourced to self correct and take personal responsibility for their attitudes, actions and results
- Increased awareness about where they fit in the business and broader scheme