- United, aligned and competently performing Asia Pacific sales team and leaders with shared sales goals, sales messaging, value proposition (VP), sales process, framework and tools that are easily learned and applied
- Team transitioned from being product experts to product domain experts selling in real value beyond price
- At the 2016 global sales meeting of regional leaders, the APAC team delivered the highest year on year revenue growth in a globally depressed market
- Sales team now includes Sales Managers, Account Managers, Technical Managers, Customer Service Reps and Site Managers who are all trained in ‘how we sell around here’ working as a unified team across all account levels
- Fully integrated strategic and key account management systems in place leading better long term contracts
In mid-2015, the relatively new Sales Director of the APAC division of Boart Longyear, a major global drilling equipment and tooling manufacturer was faced with declining markets, loss of major accounts, margin erosion and a ‘race to the bottom’ market mentality. There was no previous investment in the sales team, no sales process or methodology, no sales tools, no sales strategy or value propositions, and no KAM or specific sales market segmentation plans in place.
- In 2015, Barrett was commissioned to help this sales leader turn his sales team into a high performing sales unit.
- The assignment was completed in 3 phases over 18 months:
- Phase 1 – Sales strategy audit & plan, sales market segmentation analysis & plan, sales process mapping, development of sales success profiles to inform a go-to-market plans, KPIs and customised L&D framework
- Phase 2 – Launch of new Sales Strategy and VP to whole team and start of 12 month sales training programme
- Phase 3 – Quarterly team workshops focused on Solution Selling, KAM, Prospecting and Planning underpinned by online sales learning modules and regularly infield and group coaching by Barrett trained sales coaches.
- After only 8 months, sales team 16% ahead of budget YTD even in declining, highly commoditised market segments
- Increase in win ratio of large profitable accounts in highly competitive, commoditised market place
- Customer markets properly segmented; sales team targeting and winning the right accounts with laser precision
- Best performing sales team/region in the world for 22 months running
- Tripled size of sales team without putting on any new people; Technical Managers have become his best salespeople
- United sales and service team where everybody lives by selling something
“The team is winning larger, profitable sales in highly competitive, commoditised market places and winning the ‘share of mind battle’ with our clients & prospects”