Measuring Cognitive Attributes and Abilities (IQ)
Some sales and many leadership roles, especially those in sophisticated or complex markets, require high level thinking abilities such as:
- Verbal- verbal fluency, vocabulary & ability to understand & reason using words.
- Numerical- ability to use and understand numerical concepts, reason using numbers and perceive logical relationships between them.
- Abstract– the ability to think clearly and make sense of complexity, which is known as educative ability and the ability to store and reproduce information, known as reproductive ability.
- Critical Thinking – the ability to clarify goals, examine assumptions, discern hidden values, evaluate evidence, accomplish actions, and assess conclusions.
There are no sales specific attributes and abilities assessments however good quality Attributes and Abilities assessment have been around for over 50 years. They are often referred to as IQ tests. They are widely available through accredited providers and most organizational psychologists.
- Administered online via user name and password sourced via an accredited provider.
- IQ assessments provide a ‘score’ report, where you rate and usually are compared to various norm groups.
- IQ assessments will NOT measure personality, motivators & values, communication styles, emotional intelligence, leadership styles and derailers, or prospecting fitness.
The Moral Case for Decarbonising Sales Operations
Sales trend 1 of the Barrett 12 Sales Trends Report for 2022 is the moral case for decarbonising sales operations. This is a condensed version of Sales Trend 1, to read the original version you can ...
Ch-ch-ch-ch Changes… why it pays to be an early adopter & change agent
Welcome to 2022. Each year I write a reflection piece on achieving another year in business. On 9th January 2022, we celebrated 27 years, and I couldn’t think of a more appropriate theme than David ...
12 Sales Trends for 2022 - The event
On Thursday 2nd December we launched our 12 Sales Trends Report for 2022 - Decarbonising Sales Operations. A panel of experts in different fields discussed some of the topics in the report and contributed ...
Selfishness is NOT next to godliness: An Antidote to Corruption
The 9th of December is International Anti-corruption Day, and corruption is rife at the moment. When you have senior politicians and business leaders downplaying their corruption as business as usual, ...