Measuring Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
Emotional Intelligence (EQ) involves a set of skills that define how effectively people perceive, understand, reason with and manage their own and others’ feelings. People with a high degree of emotional intelligence know what they’re feeling, what their emotions mean, and how these emotions can affect other people. These skills are cornerstones to successful selling, as emotions are an inherent part of why people buy and why they do not.
Research studies suggest that Emotional Intelligence makes a difference in sales including how effectively sales people:
- establish and build client rapport
- understand the needs of their customers
- generate passion for the products they sell, and
- overcome buyer objections when closing a sale.
The Genos Model of workplace Emotional Intelligence comprises seven specific EI skills critical to successful selling i.e. Emotional Self-Awareness, Emotional Expression, Emotional Awareness of Others, Emotional Reasoning, Emotional Self-Management, Emotional Management of Others, and Emotional Self-Control. Each skill can be applied to successful selling.
- Administered online via user name and password sourced via an accredited provider.
- The EQ Test from our provider Genos can be used for recruitment and development purposes. It produces an individual report along with accompanying team summary reports, development and coaching strategies.
- The EQ Test from our provider Genos will NOT measure personality, communication styles, motivators & values, prospecting fitness, leadership styles and derailers , or cognitive attributes and abilities (IQ).
The Moral Case for Decarbonising Sales Operations
Sales trend 1 of the Barrett 12 Sales Trends Report for 2022 is the moral case for decarbonising sales operations. This is a condensed version of Sales Trend 1, to read the original version you can ...
Ch-ch-ch-ch Changes… why it pays to be an early adopter & change agent
Welcome to 2022. Each year I write a reflection piece on achieving another year in business. On 9th January 2022, we celebrated 27 years, and I couldn’t think of a more appropriate theme than David ...
12 Sales Trends for 2022 - The event
On Thursday 2nd December we launched our 12 Sales Trends Report for 2022 - Decarbonising Sales Operations. A panel of experts in different fields discussed some of the topics in the report and contributed ...
Selfishness is NOT next to godliness: An Antidote to Corruption
The 9th of December is International Anti-corruption Day, and corruption is rife at the moment. When you have senior politicians and business leaders downplaying their corruption as business as usual, ...