The rigors of 21st Century Sales, management and administration pressures, everyday meetings and the emphasis placed on delivering results means that many of today's sales leaders no longer have time to invest in the training and coaching of their sales teams.
Sales coaching in addition to mainstream coaching requires further insight and experience in to 21st Century Sales Mastery. Sales has changed dramatically over the last few decades and unless your coach or you are aware of these changes and new sales trends you may not be getting the best out of your coaching program. You dont know what you dont know! Your coach should be aware of the impact sale call reluctance has on performance and the impact sales planning, sales prospecting, sales communication and mindset have during the sales cycle.
Sales coaching (successfully) isn’t proclaiming; ‘This is how things should be done!” On the contrary - effective sales coaching guides you to ask the right questions: ‘What do I need to learn? How can I apply these learning’s and do this better?” By exploring and answering questions like these you develop your capacity to set goals, solve problems, create opportunities and fulfill your potential. Sales & Sales Team coaching can effectively encompass the following areas by helping:
- Set achievable & stretch sales targets individually or as a team
- Differentiate your team from the competition
- Develop a clear sales plan & process
- Understand the need to incorporate new age & social media applications in the sales plan
- Develop powerful sales prospecting opportunities by breaking through call reluctance issues
- Build powerful rapport by understanding the client and its influencers
- Create winning sales communication skills
- Meet face to face with decision makers
- Present client benefits & ROI succinctly as a winning opportunity
- Shorten the sales cycle
- Enhance a positive and encouraging sales team environment
- Understand the synergy between the marketing & sales departments
- Develop capabilities of new sales executives
- Close sales, deliver & exceed targets within a quicker time frame
The Barrett Sales Coaching Process:
Why sales coaching matters
- Without systematic, on-the-job coaching post a sales training program 87% of skills that were covered in the sales training program are lost within 30 days
- With systematic, on-the-job coaching post a sales training program the return on the sales training program is four fold.
Enhanced executive learning - One study described the increased results of combining coaching with training. They learned that training alone increased productivity by 22 percent, but when training was paired with coaching, the productivity increased by 88 percent. Seattle Biz Journal 3 May 2002.
Sales Coaching Focus Areas:
|New to Sales||Account Manager||Sales Executive||Business Development||Sales Manager/Director|
- Training in 21st Century Sales Coaching Practices
- Ongoing coaching support to help you develop as a sales coach and embed your coaching practices.
- One-on-one sales coaching for sales people, sales managers, sales leaders and non-sales people who need to sell and self promote
- Coach the Coach Training for Sales Leaders helps educate and train sales directors and managers to coach their teams effectively achieving outstanding transformation
- Sales Assessments and Sales Coaching
- Coaching around the Sales Essential Models & Sales Essentials Transformation Program
- Sales Coaching Kits