Everybody lives by selling something
Barrett partners with its clients to improve their sales operations.
By partnering with Barrett you will be able to…
- Sell more effectively, at healthier margins and with less risk of failure
- Make more informed decisions regarding:
- Whom to employ
- Who to train and coach
- How to ensure a more effective sales force with better, sustainable bottom line results
360 degree Specialist Sales Consulting Practice
Barrett specialises in sales. It is the only consulting practice in the market that provides a 360 degree sales specialist consulting service, and it is committed to assisting its clients to continually improve their sales operations. At Barrett, we have dedicated ourselves to perfecting services, tools and processes. We consult, advise, train, facilitate and coach in all areas of sales strategy and operations. This allows us to provide solutions that enhance the performance of our clients' sales organisations, whether that involves a single assessment of an individual's sales capabilities, the refinement of sales strategy, or the entire realignment of the sales operation.
What does improving sales operations mean for you and your business?
- More mindful, self-aware salespeople engaging in more fruitful client interactions with better business outcomes for both buyer and seller.
- More engaged and competent salespeople leading to higher retention rates and lower staff turnover.
- Sustainable change in 'How we sell around here' leading to continuous improvement in sales results.
- More knowledgeable, skilful and informed Sales Leaders who work in partnership with the C-Suite and lead their sales teams with clarity and purpose.
- Sales strategies that clearly guide the sales operations and sales teams to deliver the desired results for businesses.
We believe in the 21st Century that selling is everybody's business and everybody lives by selling something and that the definitions of ‘selling’ and ‘something’ are now very different. ‘Something’ used to be nothing more than products and services. In the 21st Century products and services are no longer enough on their own. Organisations and sales teams have to be engaged in ideas, opinions, knowledge, wisdom, insight, advice and talent.
‘Selling’ used to be nothing more than product monologues – features and benefits dished up to a captive audience. In the 21st Century product monologues are redundant. Organisations and sales teams have to do more than just ‘do a deal’. They have to engage with their increasingly informed clients, proactively identify opportunities and have a meaningful dialogue around service, relationships, solutions and results. The 21st Century is about Collaborative Selling.
If you want to succeed in the 21st Century then you have to change your thinking to change your world.
At Barrett we believe that there are very few absolutes and everything is subject to reinvention. We believe that the best way to persuade people is with your ears – by listening to them. We believe that selling & service go hand in hand - if you do not engage in proactive, consultative, solutions selling that works in collaborative partnership with your clients you are doing a disservice to your clients and your business.
We instil the belief that in a 21st Century world selling is everybody’s business and everybody lives by selling something.
A Fair Exchange of Value
To us ‘selling’ is about the fair exchange of value. The services Barrett provide focus on improving sales productivity and performance; on delivering better sales, at more attractive margins, on a sustainable basis. We assist our clients in their quest for world-class sales performance. We give everybody access to life skills, tools, knowledge and personal insights so that we are all able to communicate and proactively sell ourselves effectively, ethically and confidently in any situation. With Brain Science, and Behavioural and Business Research at our core, we work across five key domains with respect to Sales Operational Effectiveness: Sales Consulting, Sales Strategy, Sales Benchmarking and Sales Assessment, Sales Training, Online Sales Training and Sales Coaching. Our services are available in person and online.
Some Significant Achievements
In operation since January 1995, with over 100 years cumulative experience we have received commendations in several areas including:
- First in Australia to put Selling on the university agenda with programmes recognised at university level (Swinburne University of Technology)
- Developed the first Sales Competency Dictionary purpose built for sales and sales management roles across industries and designed to take into account the very specific competencies (knowledge, skills, mindset) needed in the complex selling today
- Winner of Telstra & Victorian Government Small Business Award, 1997