Do you remember the plane that landed on the Hudson River in New York City in 2009?
Both engines of the plane lost thrust after colliding with a flock of geese. The plane was going to crash. There was no time to get anywhere else safely. The pilot, Captain Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger, with the help of his co-pilot and crew landed the plane on the Hudson River. All 155 passengers and crew survived. 208 seconds passed from the moment the plane lost power to the safe landing.
The most important factors in this successful landing were that the captain and co-pilot were highly skilled and experienced so they could adapt and deal with this unique situation, with the captain regaining self-control within seconds. The cabin crew were trained and competent in how to keep the cabin safe and everyone calm. And Captain Sullenberger knew that if he could land it safely, the plane was equipped to get everyone out safely on water, and help would be minutes away. He knew they were not alone.
Some, if not many, businesses have already been hit through no fault of their own. So we need business leaders, and sales and service teams to be at peak performance to adapt and deal with what’s coming their way.
Whether you need to get ready to survive the collision, are already within your 208 seconds, or you want your business to be in peak condition for what comes after COVID-19, we can help you.
Click on the link that best represents your situation (or click on a few, or all!)
- How do I keep the business going during COVID-19?
- I can see opportunities for us. I need to get my business focused and my sales teams ready to work with our clients and prospects to win more business now
- How do I keep my sales and services teams engaged and focused on client care and sales while working from home?
- Business and sales leaders – How to think and act like Sully?
- HR leaders – How to keep the cabin safe and people calm?
- Learning and Development leaders – How to enable ‘pilots and crew’ to land safely
Or simply contact us on +61 3 9533 0000 or email@example.com #weknowsales
Remember, everybody lives by selling something.
We have published a few posts to help tackle some of the practical and emotional challenges brought about by the current situation:
- Finding sales opportunities in the Supply Chain of Supply Chains during COVID-19
- Necessity is the mother of invention: how to keep selling during COVID-19
- Open for business – how to keep selling and doing business during COVID-19
- What to do when there’s panic in the air – get focused and get selling
- How are we selling and buying when the house is on Fire?